The Best place into the wild of Urals!
+7 (922) 123-99-40
Duration – 2hours 30minutes
Price - 350 rub/person
Minimum – 10 persons
A local history walking tour to meet with Sloboda village, local springs, the St George’s rocks, bioenergy cave.
Ancient village Sloboda was founded in 1651 in the interfluve of rivers Chusovaya and Utka and was initially named Utkinskaya Sloboda. Here the river Chusovaya makes one of its breath-taking twists.
Interestingly, the city of Yekaterinburg might have been founded here. Vasily Nikitich Tatischev considered Chusovskaya Sloboda to lay a foundation stone of mining capital in Ural. However, we all know that eventually another place was chosen on the river Iset.
St George’s rock. Since 1651 there was a wooden chapel of St George on the top of the rock that gave it the name. Before going with a caravan by the river all travelers made a sacred procession to the chapel for a prayer service. Every year on the St George’s Day, the 23rd of April/6th May, people from Utkinskaya Sloboda made sacred procession to this place. The chapel disappeared during soviet period. The name was transferred from the chapel to the church situated on the western edge of Sloboda village on the right rocky bank of Chusovaya. This is the only religious building that maintained ancient architecture and keeps operating up to the present day.
Click on the next image --oO ->
Double-click to view full size.
Following sacred procession path