The Best place into the wild of Urals!
+7 (922) 123-99-40
Duration – 1hour
Price - 450 rub/person
Minimum – 10 persons
A local history tour to see an ancient village of Kamenka. Before there was a sawmill and a shipyard, where barges were constructed. There are remains of the wooden fortress and prison erected by Sverdlovsk film studio on the top of a beautiful Kamenskiy rock.
Kamenka is a small village situated on the left bank of the river of Chusovaya. Kamenka, or rather Kamenskiy prison, was founded in 1574 several years before Yermak’s campaign. For a long time it was the only Russian village in the east of Ural. Kamenskiy prison defended lands of Stroganov in the Kama region from raids of the bashkirs and the tatars.
In 1723 the small river of Kamenka (its length is only about 15km) was locked by a dam with a gate. The dam was 100m long, and up to 15m high. There appeared a small pond, where a sawmill with two saws was constructed. In 1726 a state Kamenskaya quay was put into operation. The dam still exists.
From the ancient times there is the pond, the two-floor wooden building of the quay office and a small stone barn.
There are remains of the wooden fortress and prison on the top of a beautiful Kamenskiy rock. It isn’t a real prison of course, but a movie set. In 1983 Sverdlovsk film studio constructed it to shoot the movie Semen Dezhnev. They accurately reproduced elements of old Russian wooden architecture, life of that time. This ancient Russian town appear in some other films. For example, you can recognize this area in the Demidovs by Yaropolk Lapshin and Ugrum river. In summer time it’s nice to swim in the pond in the very center of the village.
IN KAMENKA VILLAGE
Click on the next image --oO ->
Double-click to view full size.